Steven J. Scott (Attorney and Member, Sonapat LLC)
Steve has over twenty years of experience in private and corporate law practice. His experience includes U.S. and foreign patent procurement, corporate patent portfolio management, patent litigation in the federal courts and International Trade Commission, patent interferences, and client counseling and legal opinions in a variety of intellectual property law areas.
His patent experience covers many areas of technology, including small molecules, polymorphs, pharmaceutical compositions and treatments, polymers and polymer films, thermoelectrics, energy storage materials, glass compositions, liquid crystals, organic semiconductors, and materials for contaminant capture.
Steve has lectured in the U.S. and Europe on a wide range of topics concerning patent law and rules and practice in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Sonapat LLC
- Corning Incorporated
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Juris Doctor (1997)
George Washington University
- B.S. Chemical Engineering (1994)
University of Cincinnati
- M.S. Biotechnology (2017)
Johns Hopkins University
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Gradon, L., Pratsinis, S.E., Podgorski, A., Scott, S.J., Panda, S., “Modeling Retention of Inhaled Particles in Rat Lungs, Including Toxic and Overloading Effects,” J. Aerosol Sci., 27:487-503 (1996)
- Fotou, G.P., Scott, S.J., Pratsinis, S.E., “The Role of Ferrocene in Flame Synthesis of Silica,” Combust. Flame 101:529-538 (1995)
- Fotou, G.P., Scott, S.J., Pratsinis, S.E., “Aerosol Coating of Silica Fibers with Nanoparticles,” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 344:27-32 (1994)